Tuesday 26 February 2008

I would love to work for The Beano and Dandy:)

Brain Duane from the Dandy...the character belongs to DC Thomson copyright









Biffo the Bear The Beano the character belongs to DC Thomson copyright



Drawing Brain Duane (from The Dandy) was not easy...But I learnt a lot doing it...Tom Patersons drawing style is very diffcult to do...he must spend a lot of time...I learnt a lot at drawing hands...
I recommend drawing peoples other comic styles and making up a new story to go with it...even if it goes wrong at least you can soon find out how much effort goes into these drawings by these artists

I like my Biffo cartoon...hes a great character you can do anything with...

I'm not associated with DC Thomson....But boy I wish I was.I've often dreamed I was at the Beano office meeting the artists...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Iwas lucky enough to meet 3 of the DCT editors;----these were IAN GRAY [prolific 'BEANO' writer, and inspiration behind 'GNASHER', also 'PLUG' editor; he sadly died around 6 months ago.

'DANDY' editor then was DAVEY TORRIE, who edited the comic, circa 1982-86 [he was instrumental in bringing K.H.HARRISON to the DAN drawing board]-----I also remember his successor, MORRIS HEGGIE, who gave me a try-out on 'PEPPER STREET' around 1985-----I didn't get it!

around SUMMER 1984, a cheery, portly gent walked in to the office with his zipped case of artwork: I never knew him from ADAM: it turned out to be no less than JOHN GEERING, ---one of my most favourite artists ever: this was the only time I ever met him: he was courteous, amusing [on about his time as a bit-part 'CORONATION ST.artist: 'I was ANNIE WALKER!'------]and polite. ISPYSHHHGUY.