Tuesday 18 November 2008

Classics from the comics edtiting on canes and slippers


from Classics



From The Beano Book 1958..

Classics from the comics is editing corporal punishment...look at panel 1!!
Even canes hitting a kid on the nose is too much for our new kid readers.......it all seems stupid to me...who thought up this rule......it even says its from the late 50's on the Classics from the comics strip so its a period piece...
Kids do learn about history at school...

Dennis Dad's slipper often is edited out....
the small edits might not mean much...But it does to me...the year the strip came out should inform the reader enough. Its not today!!

I used to think Classics was all I needed ...too expensive to get old comics..
Now I'm spending the money...the colour..the strips that are never shown...I've changed my mind completely...I love the red colour in the old comics..the paper colour...crisp black line...colour pages..the originals are so much better. Buying old Toppers and Beezers has been wonderful the large size print..bright colours...so much better!!!

http://www.comicsuk.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=2356&p=18016#p18016

No comments: